Although the mask mandate has been lifted in Texas effective 3/10/2021, the mask policy at Texas Recycling will continue. Masks will be required to be worn by all employees and visitors.
Your continued support is appreciated. Stay healthy.
According to Dallas County judges, businesses in Dallas County must require customers and everyone on the property to wear a mask to contain the spread of COVID-19. Businesses who do not comply with the order, which goes into effect on 6/19/2020 at 11:59 pm, will face up to a $500 fine. Read the full mandate here.
What this means for Texas Recycling: All employees, Buy-Back customers, and visitors/vendors MUST wear a face mask while onsite at Texas Recycling. If someone does not have, we can provide a disposable mask for that person.
Original Post: 4/22/2020
The health and safety of our employees and our community are our top priority. We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking appropriate action based on guidance from public health experts. We are also monitoring news from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) for updates.
In order to maintain a safe environment, we are implementing the following precautions as part of our operations. To our buy back customers who bring material to us, please follow steps to keep yourself, your family and others around you safe.
- Effective 4/22/2020 our public buy-back center is now open M-F 8 am-12 pm & 1 pm-3:30 pm
- We are accepting newspaper, cardboard, office paper and other types of paper at this time. Please call the office for updates.
- All customers at the buy-back center are strongly encouraged to wear a cloth covering over their mouth and nose, maintain social distancing and have a temperature below 99.6 degrees, per Dallas County health regulations
- After arrival at our buy-back center, customers are to follow instructions from the Texas Recycling staff for unloading of their material
- Texas Recycling employees at the buy-back wear gloves, face masks, follow the 6 ft. social distancing rule and wash hands throughout the day
- Temperatures of the buy-back employees are taken before the work day begins. If someone is has a temperature greater than 99.6 degrees, they will be sent home
- All Texas Recycling drivers wear gloves and masks
- Temperatures of all drivers are taken before their work day begins. If someone is has a temperature greater than 99.6 degrees, they will be sent home
- Paperwork for drivers is emailed to our customers prior to the pick up
- Drivers are to use their own pen if a customer requires a signature
Office & Plant Staff
- Texas Recycling employees wear gloves, face masks, follow the 6 ft. social distancing rule and wash hands throughout the day
- Temperatures are taken before their work day begins. If someone is has a temperature greater than 99.6 degrees, they will be sent home
- Surfaces are disinfected throughout the day
Texas Recycling will continue to operate while complying with CDC guidelines to the greatest extent possible.
We will closely monitor the situation and update you of any future changes. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
We look forward to serving you, and remember to follow CDC and community health guidelines and regulations.
Stay safe and healthy,
Joel Litman and Craig Litman