PLEASE NOTE: Our regular process may be affected by COVID-19.
Check here for updates on hours, what we buy, and our procedures.
Due to COVID-19 we are accepting paper, newspaper, cardboard, office paper, other types of paper, and aluminum cans at this time. Other SCRAP METAL is NOT accepted at the Public Buy-Back Center but is processed through our commercial and industrial recycling programs. Please call the office at 214-357-0262 for details.
With our dedicated Public Buy-Back Center, we make it easy for small businesses, sole owners/operators and individuals to transform your trash into treasure, while helping the Earth at the same time.
What happens when you arrive? Our friendly staff will assist in unloading your vehicle. We have lots of baskets and we’ll get you through the weighing and sorting process quickly. Then, with your ticket in hand, visit our cashier for payment. It’s that easy!
WHAT WE BUY
PAPER AND CARDBOARD
- Newspaper (including inserts)
- Office paper (staples, rubber bands and paperclips are OK)
- Printed and non-printed paper
- Files and records
- Baled and loose cardboard
FERROUS METALS – Commercial/Industrial Accounts Only (No Buy-Back Center)
- Aerosol cans
- Air conditioning compressors
- Cable and wire
- Cast iron
- Chain link fencing
- Drums, barrels and other containers
- Gas cylinders and tanks
- Heavy melt steel
- Industrial Metals
- Metal banding
- Metal roofing
- Motor blocks
- Propane tanks
- Sheet metal
- Shock absorbers
NONFERROUS METALS – Commercial/Industrial Accounts Only (No Buy-Back Center)
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum, including rims, siding, sheet
- Aluminum litho plates
- Copper, including #1, #2 and bare bright
- Copper wire
- Electric motors
- Electrical parts
- Electrical wiring
- Insulated wire
- Irony aluminum, including lawn furniture
- Lead-acid batteries
- New production
- Other alloys
- Plumbing parts
- Red brass (Ebony)
- Shredded scrap (Zorba)
- Stainless steel
- Wheel weights (Ropes)
- Yellow brass (Honey)
WHAT WE DON’T BUY
- Scrap metal at the Public Buy-Back Center, except aluminum cans
- Direct mail
- Phone books
- Paperback and hardcover books
- Closed containers such as enclosed drums or tanks
- Hazardous waste or chemicals
- Electronic scrap
- Flammable materials – ammunition or explosives
- Fluids including oils, gasoline, antifreeze, hydraulic fluid, gear oil or grease
- Fluorescent lights
- Paint cans
- Radioactive materials
- Tires, wood, dirt, yard debris, concrete, asphalt, glass, rubber or other non-metal materials
- The lists above show the items we generally buy and do not buy.
- The lists are not inclusive; other items not listed may be inappropriate for recycling.
- Policies for metal acceptance are based on local laws, facility equipment capabilities and local conditions.
- If you have any questions about specific metals we accept, please contact us for additional guidance.