Recycling Company Dispatcher
This position is an integral front-line role in Texas Recycling’s day-to-day manufacturing operations. This individual is the face of the company, on the phone or through emails, with the company’s commercial industrial accounts requesting the servicing of their recycling containers. Texas Recycling’s trucks are on the road throughout the day, beginning around sunrise and finishing late in the afternoon, five days a week to meet the customer’s scheduling needs. This individual is the coordinator for these accounts. The work environment is active and fast-paced. Flexibility, quick-thinking, discipline and the ability to plan ahead are essential in this position. Working well with diverse teammates and customers when the pressure is strong are important. This individual will interact with all levels within the company, from drivers and staff to senior management to company owners. Familiarity with computers and software to assist with scheduling are important.
Dispatcher responsibilities and duties
- Receive pick-up requests from customers via email or phone from overnight and throughout the day to develop pick-up schedule for the next 2-3 days. It is essential to reply promptly to customer’s and staff’s requests.
- Using software, prepare paperwork for each pick-up, and routing schedule for all trucks.
- Work with company staff to have equipment prepared and ready to go for drivers to avoid downtime at the plant.
- Act as a communication liaison throughout the day with drivers, customers and company staff for last minute changes.
- Cultivate strong relationships with customers, drivers and company staff to reduce stress that comes with last minute changes.
- Schedule truck maintenance appointments and become familiar with vendors for truck maintenance work
- Prepare daily reports each morning for inventory control, previous day’s production summary
- Keep driver logs current
- Become familiar with customers, and know major roads and thoroughfares throughout the DFW area to schedule routes efficiently
- Be pro-active with the position and the company, and look for ideas and opportunities to upgrade workflow
- Continue to learn about the industry
- At least five years of dispatching experience in a service industry
- Have flexibility with ability to stay calm during stressful situations
- Highly organized and customer-first mentality
- Skillful and efficient computer user; strong knowledge of Excel software
- Punctuality is a must
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential; Spanish is recommended as well.
- Be a team player
- Be able to smile over the phone
- Be able to multitask effectively
- Be a problem-solver, not a problem-creator
- Be ready to start work (M-F) at 6:45 a.m. Workday usually wraps up around 4:30 p.m. Occasional Saturday morning work may occur.
- Be accessible via email, phone or text in off-hours for last minute scheduling revisions
Key compensation benefits
- Salary $18-$20 per hour
- Six paid holidays
- 40l K
- Medical insurance
About the company
Texas Recycling, Inc., is a family-owned-and-operated business that provides paper and metal recycling services to commercial and industrial accounts primally throughout the DFW area. The company, which began in 1992, is recognized for its quality operations and products.
Texas Recycling is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.